Friday 17 May 2013

Peanut Butter Chocolate Ice-cream



























If you love peanut butter and chocolate, (honestly, what is there not to love?) you will thank me for this rich, creamy, home made, healthy version of the best ice cream combo in the world.
I came upon the idea to make this recipe, quite by accident or rather the universe nudged me in the general direction and I seized the opportunity :). I have had organic, salt, sugar and hydrogenated oil free, peanut butter in my fridge for a few weeks now, and I just have not had the chance to eat it. Plus have been thinking about making a chocolate recipe and nothing seemed very inspiring or I didn't have all the ingredients, if it did. This morning, right after breakfast, I had to have something sweet, and a sudden inspiration hit me, peanut butter chocolate ice-cream! So, I threw in the ingredients together in the Vitamix, and voila!!!

Ingredients
2/3 cup peanut butter (if your peanut butter is sweetened, you could reduce the sweetener)
1/2 cup raw cacao powder (if you don't have that, regular cocoa would have to do)
1/2 cup extra virgin coconut oil
4 tbsp agave or your favourite liquid sweetener
3 small bananas
a pinch of salt
2 cups ice

Process
Churn all of the above together in a blender. Eat some immediately:) and store the rest in the freezer.
You could add fruit while serving, I had mine with bananas and mangoes!
Before eating, let the ice cream sit out for a bit, its best enjoyed at a soft serve consistency.

2 comments:

  1. Looks delicious Manasa! What could be an alternative to liquid sweetener?

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could use maple syrup or honey, both will work well in this recipe!

    ReplyDelete