Wednesday 7 November 2012

Food & I

My relationship with food has been like a long love affair, it started as an infatuation, wherein I had an  intense fascination for all of my mother's amazing gastronomical adventures, she loved cooking and I loved eating, for every achievement in school the reward was a yummy ma ki daal (split urad in creamy sauce) or dal baati (mixed lentils with baked whole wheat buns dipped in clarified butter)! Life was beautiful:)
As a teenager, our relationship grew to the next level, we began to realize each other's flaws, if I over ate, I put on weight! I had feelings of guilt and anger, the first disagreements after a romantic courtship, sigh...
I moved out of my parent's home, to study and then to work, my happiness in life was tied to my relationship with food! If I had a great day at work, I celebrated by eating out, if I had a terrible day, I cheered myself by eating out.
I got married, but it was only when I was pregnant with my daughter, that I seriously considered HEALTH, over weight! And that's when I appreciated my body the most. Recovering post child birth, was when a serious tryst with health, diet and  nutrition began! My relationship with food, now was a serious one, of maturity, trust and deep love!Our body is a self healing organism. If we nourish it with clean, plant based nutrient rich whole foods , it has the innate intelligence to heal and repair itself.
My goal through "cure yourself with food", is to bring an awareness, for people to look within themselves, their lifestyle and food choices to have a healthier, younger body, prevent disease and cure themselves of disease.

No comments:

Post a Comment