Wednesday 13 February 2013

Love Pies

Tomorrow is Valentine's Day!!
It has never been such a big deal for me, but this year my daughter has been super excited about it, she has already made cards for us and her teachers and friends!
I cannot disappoint, so I have to be ready with something sweet!
The challenge was my on going raw food detox. It would be great if I can make something that I could taste along the way, because its impossible for me to cook without tasting!
So, after looking at some recipes, I found this amazing 'love pie' recipe on FullyRaw's youtube channel.
The following is my spin on the 'Love Pies'.

Ingredients

10-15 strawberries
1 banana
1 kiwi fruit
11/2 cups dates
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup dried figs
3 tbsp flax seeds
1/4 cup almonds

Process

1. Soak the chopped dates and figs in the water and keep aside for half an hour. Now, process this mix till it becomes smooth and gooey and without any distinctive pieces.
2. Grind the almonds and flax seed and mix it in with the date mix.
3. Line the pie tins with butter paper or foil and put a layer of the date mix (pie crust).




4. In a blender, blend the strawberries, banana, kiwi and 3 tbsp date mix or more if you like it sweet.
5. Pour this in the pie tins.
6. Freeze for a couple of hours. It tastes best when its about 80% frozen.
Enjoy with your loved ones!



No comments:

Post a Comment